At Tovala, we’re all about making it easier to eat better. Here are a few tips to help you eat well, really easily, with stuff that’s probably in your fridge already:
Weekday mornings are rough. So if you have a few minutes on Sunday night, make yourself some hard-boiled eggs.
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 20 minutes
Teaspoon of salt
1. Put your eggs in a pan large enough for enough eggs to feed you for the week.
2. Fill it up with enough cold water to cover the eggs by an inch.
3. Sprinkle the salt into the water. This will make the eggs easier to peel.
4. Heat the pan until the water comes to a boil, then immediately remove it from the heat. Cover the pan and leave the eggs in the hot water for 12 minutes.
5. Finally, drain the water and refrigerate them for later.
The key to good eating—and good snacking—is preparation. But that’s the trouble, preparation takes time and energy that’s hard to muster on any average work day.
This super quick tuna salad recipe that will save you time and energy.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes!
Greek yogurt (whatever kind you have at home)
4 oz. can of tuna
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt with one 4 oz container of tuna.
2. (Optional) Add 1 or 2 tablespoons (to taste) of your favorite mustard (honey mustard, stone-ground, etc.)
Home late? Tired after a long day? There are a lot of fixes out there, but none are quite as delicious as this wonderful kitchen hack we’re big fans of. Are you ready for it?
We know, we know. That was a bit on the nose. But we just couldn’t help ourselves, we love em.